Sunday, March 17, 2013

Monotype printmaking




I've recently been experimenting with printmaking.
All three of these are monotype prints, which means that the process results in only a single copy of the work.
The first one was printed on a gelatin plate using acrylic paint. I used stencils that I cut from paper and household items for texture, giving it a collograph look.
For the second one, I used a glass plate and water-soluble ink. The plate was inked with a brayer, then the lighter areas whipped away. The paper was then placed on top of the plate and rubbed unevenly with the back of a spoon, giving it a sketchy background.
The third was also on a glass plate, with the lighter areas wiped away then lightly misted with a spray bottle, giving it a kind of grainy texture.






2 comments:

  1. I like to see examples like this. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I think I'll try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see what you come up with. I'd also like to apologize for the very late response. I can't seem to get blogger to notify me when I get comments.

    ReplyDelete

Google