Saturday, July 27, 2013

Nude Facing Away


I used the "essence" technique for this painting. Just like I did before in the Triton painting, I de-oiled my paints on blotting paper, then thinned them even further with OMS.  Only this time, I started the painting with a very diluted wash of burnt sienna and ultramarine, and wiped out the lighter areas. Like before, the de-oiled paint dried fast and mat. Painting this way forces me to use short brush strokes and layer the color. This is more like working with pastels than the juicy wet-into-wet way I usually paint with oils.

7.5"x4.25"
oil on masonite

Sold

2 comments:

  1. So subtle and peaceful. Warm background, and cool reflections on her back. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've been learning a lot with this new technique.

    ReplyDelete

Google